The SmarK Rant for TNA Impact – 07.05.12
Live from Orlando, FL
Your hosts are Mike Tenay & Taz
Bully Ray has a big big big huge announcement to start us out. He’s going LIVE on Twitter. I hope he bullies people on Twitter, too. He’s sick of Joseph Park and thinks he’s a COWARD. This will not stand, so Joseph joins us and Bully accepts the challenge for next week. Park gives us some legal discourse and points out that he already beat Bully Ray, and he’s SICK OF Bully Ray. This is great, as he cuts off Bully’s loudmouth promo by telling him to shut up, and Bully immediately backs off. Because he’s a BULLY. However, Ray has one last twist for the match: A restraining order against Abyss, which bars him from the arena that night. Park is aghast, and Bully lays him out on the way out.
Meanwhile, Hulk Hogan retrieves the X title from Austin Aries.
Meanwhile, Dixie ducks some questions about the ongoing soap opera.
TV title: Devon v. Crimson
Crimson attacks before the bell and rolls him up for one, then goes for the pin in the corner for two. He pounds away in the corner and adds a clothesline for two. Devon comes back with a great spear and adds the corner splash, but Crimson cuts him off with a clothesline for two. He uses the tights in exaggerated manner and argues the point, which allows Devon to hit the spinebuster to retain at 2:01. *1/2 And then Madison Rayne comes out and reveals that her secret crush is…Earl Hebner. Earl is apparently into it.
Chris Sabin joins us to talk about his latest knee injury. His friends and family are telling him that maybe he should find something to do with his life, and even his doctor doesn’t think that coming back from a second ACL reconstruction is a very good idea. But before he can announce anything, Bobby Roode interrupts, and he’s disgusted with the entire X division. It’s all risk and no reward, and to demonstrate that he KICKS THE LEG OUT OF HIS LEG. Roode is a tremendous asshole here, mocking him until Aries makes the save. That is some great old school pro rasslin’ shit.
X Division tournament: Dakota Darsow v. Flip Cassanova
These are like random name generators or something. But no, Dakota apparently IS the son of Barry Darsow, so there you go. Darsow attacks and pounds away, but Cassanova takes over with a variety of flips and a standing moonsault for two. Darsow comes back with a dropkick, but Flip hits a springboard dropkick and flips into a headscissors to put Darsow on the floor. He follows with a nutso corkscrew dive. God I wish they’d tone that down. Back in, a flying bodypress is reversed by Darsow, and he gets a legdrop for two. Darsow misses a moonsault and he’s gushing blood from the nose, so you gotta respect that. Flip with a flying bulldog and he goes up again to finish with a badly fucked up 450 shooting star press. Oh man, I hope Darsow doesn’t have broken ribs after that. This was some sloppy indy geek nonsense and I hope they ship both guys back to the bingo hall after that. Flip moreso, he wasn’t just bad, he was DANGEROUS. ½*
Madison Rayne & Gail Kim v. Miss Tessmacher & Tara
Rayne attacks Tessmacher on the floor and the heels control her in the corner, and Kim gets a clothesline for two. Tessmacher fights back and dodges a bodypress attempt to get two. Over to Tara, and she runs wild on Rayne and gets a suplex and sideslam for two. Gail breaks up the Widow’s Peak, but the heels collide and Tara hits it on the second try. Tessmacher finishes with the final cut at 2:53. This was fine. **
AJ Styles joins us and he doesn’t get why everyone is lying about him. Daniels & Kazarian interrupt with APPLETINIS and accusations of impregnating junkie whores. AJ brings it back to the match with Daniels on the PPV and promises to beat him up real good this Sunday.
Meanwhile, a mysterious messenger drops off a note for Hulk Hogan, and it’s ACES AND EIGHTS. We will find out more next week. They would be the masked men who attacked Sting, and they are NOT cowards.
X Division tournament: Kenny King v. Lars Only
Yeah, I’m thinking Kenny is going over here. King of course was something of a star in ROH, and Only is the indiest indy geek who ever geeked. King gets a C4, but Only takes him down into the ropes and this a kick from the floor for two. He dropkicks King to the floor, but runs into a leg lariat that gets two. Only reverses a suplex into a small package for two, but King tosses him and hits a somersault senton off the apron. Back in, that gets two. King with a Pele Kick for two. King misses a springboard legdrop and Only makes a comeback and puts King on the floor. King evades a dive attempt, but makes the fatal heel error of pointing to his head to indicate intelligence, getting caught with a rana as a result. Back in, Only tries a tornado DDT and then badly messes up a legsweep, and they fight on top. King wins that one and finishes with a TKO type thing that looked wicked at 5:20. Way too long, as from a storyline perspective King should have squashed the shit out of that goof. He still got himself over bigtime here. **1/2
BFG Series: James Storm v. Jeff Hardy
They fight for the headlock to start and exchange near-falls, with Hardy trying an early Twist of Fate to send Storm running to the floor to regroup. Storm runs away for a bit and we take a break. Back with Storm working him over in the corner, but Hardy gets a legdrop for two. Storm comes back with clotheslines, but Hardy hits the atomic drop into the legdrop for two. Storm with an inverted DDT for two. Storm charges and Jeff backdrops him to the floor, but slingshots down and lands in a codebreaker. Now THAT’S a unique spot. Back in, the crowd is nuts for Hardy, and Storm hits him with a lariat. Blind charge misses and Hardy mule kicks him in the corner, but misses the swanton. Storm goes up with a flying elbow for two. Storm wants the superkick, but Jeff can’t stand, so Storm stands him up…and Hardy hits the Twist of Fate for the pin and 7 points at 14:00. Ah, very sneaky. They had a shaky start, but as Tim Gunn would say, they worked it out and had a hot series of stuff to end it. ***1/2
Hulk Hogan is out to reveal the location of Bound For Glory, but Bobby Roode interrupts and reiterates that Option C is a failure. Aries comes out, tells Roode off, and lays him out with the X belt before surrendering it to Hogan to end the show.
The Pulse:
Although the Destination X PPV looks stacked (Roode-Aries, Angle-Joe, Styles-Daniel, X tournament) , Silva-Sonnen is still the only thing getting my money this weekend, because SILVA-SONNEN. Not your fault, TNA, sorry. This was some good old school PPV build, though, and I continue to dig this show, but wish they’d stop bringing in NXT rejects who do 4 flips before every punch.
There is something very old school about the Roode/Aries dynamic. It's been a pleasure to watch.
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed the show tonight and will gladly fork over the money for the ppv. Of course, I go watch the ufc ppv at a bar that I will gladly fork over money...for beer.
ReplyDeletePretty good show. Loved the opening and bubba ray is killing it as a top heel. This is the best angle in wrestling right now. The main event was a really nice match too but I was surprised hardy went over. I think I'm shelling out for two ppvs this weekend since I am really into this roode v aires feud.
ReplyDeleteI'm still surprised that Angelina Love got let go when Tessmacher does everything that Velvet does (including wrestling) 1000 times better. SHE should have been let go.
ReplyDeleteOther than the first X Division match is was a good show.
Sure Flip Kendrick does some flashy stuff, but when you're reckless, what's the point?
ReplyDeleteA Michael Jackson Dangerous reference?? Color me impressed!
ReplyDeleteLars Only is better known as Johnny Yuma, one half of the RockNESS Monsters. He's pretty good and they are an entertaining team. You should watch more stuff Scott.
ReplyDeleteYeah that was almost scary. He could have killed that other dude with his finisher. Also this lars only blew a few major spots. Not a pretty night for the x division
ReplyDeleteThe performances here did nothing to make me want to seek out further matches from them.
ReplyDeleteFair enough. Though, the RNM were really good in this years PWG DDT4. I'd highly recommend that show (or any years DDT4) for fans of tag team wrestling. Plus, El Generico as a husky black man.
ReplyDeleteDon't just take his word for it, Scott. Let's go to the videotape!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D8wkQIqOsdM
Roode was ON FIRE all night.
ReplyDeleteHis dickish pacing behind Sabin to indicate the looming threat of the attack was incredible, and then at the end of the show he blew me away with that Hogan exchange.
Anyone still think Jim Cornette is doing ROH any good? Put a belt on a guy you have a handshake deal with, SMOOTH.
ReplyDeleteSad part is, King just fucked Titus in the ass. And not in the good way.
I'm wondering if that came up at any point when King and Aries were catching up backstage. ROH put out a statement saying that Titus is still one half of the tag champs and King's dead to them, basically.
ReplyDeleteGreat show this week, heads and tails above RAW (save for maybe AJ, but then they already ruined her by putting her in 68 segments). Keep it up TNA...I'm so ready to give up on WWE right now, just give me a reason.
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to see a hot character continue to stick with what made him hot (since WWE has to cut off the nuts of anyone getting supremely over), and we have two in Bully Ray and BOBBY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Another excellent Impact, because everything it's doing right, it's doing it with the focus on WRESTLING.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Scott, though; every week, we seem to be coming within the DANGER ZONE of another Sorensen incident with all these spot monkey botches. Hopefully, the conclusion of the Ultimate X will put an end to the geeks.
If I'm Rhett, I don't know if I stick around ROH or try and get out of my contract and follow Kenny. Picture ANX dropping the ROH tag belts into garbage cans live in the Impact zone.
ReplyDeleteAnd what does ROH do with the tag belts? Back on Haas and Benjamin? Give the Briscoes an 8th reign? Find Rhett a new partner?
I nearly jizzed myself when he kept interrupting the Hulkster.
ReplyDeleteGo see Spider-Man RIGHT FUCKING NOW.
ReplyDelete/review
Ever since Slammiversary, I've only been watching TNA. This is about the longest layoff I've had with the 'E in about six years, and I don't really miss it since TNA is basically firing on all cylinders while WWE is pretty rudderless at the moment.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for this weekend, Saturday will be all beer and blood and UFC at the bar and Sunday I get to hang with a ton of kids and watch "Awesome Aeries" win the title. Gonna be great.
ReplyDeleteAlso, The Amazing Spider-Man is fucking great. If you haven't seen it, go. 2/3 so far for this summer's superhero orgy, don't disappoint TDKR!
Titus is a trainee of the ROH school...I think Delirious was his trainer. He's not leaving because he has nowhere to go.
ReplyDeleteAries is an awesome wrestler but not the nicest guy in the world. I have no doubt he was telling King to leave ROH since ROH fired him.
I was pretty sure I had no urge to see another Spidey origin story (couldn't we just jump right into it with flashbacks a la Burton's Batman?), but they had me at Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. F yeah.
ReplyDeleteDude, GIMME 2 DAYS! It's 3AM here, and I gotta work tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteI don't know why, but I can't get this feeling out of my stomach that Panda Energy is working with ROH, which will be the start of an integration of the businesses to take on WWE.
ReplyDeleteI can't shake it! Not sure why.
Aries is winning the title? So we're just abandoning the Roodes/Storm payoff, built by Roode being the longest reigning champion ever?
ReplyDeleteHmm.
FUCK YOU. SERIOUSLY, FUCK YOU.
ReplyDeleteDO US A FAVOR AND WRAP YOUR CAR AROUND A TREE.
My six-year-old says "Awesome" is winning, thus it is so.
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering if they can't do both. As long as Roode has the belt back before BFG in October, don't they get the same result? I'm thinking if they do put Aries over, he loses it back to Roode pretty quick.
ReplyDeleteIs there ever a good way to get fucked in the ass?
ReplyDeleteWow! Feel the love.
ReplyDeleteLook, it's bad enough you're not even CrankyVince. The dude you're portraying is everything that's stale with wrestling.
Just concede that forces are conspiring against you (like they ALWAYS have, Vince), and MAKE A BETTER FUCKING PRODUCT.
What a Dad.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I feel like it would put Aries in a position of serious vulnerability to gamble and lose the X-Title. If you have a big name player who capitalizes on Aries losing everything, you can make Aries the guy who has nothing to lose, building to a great showdown at BFG where Aries gets the win of his career.
Seems cool, right?
This is the one time I'd say a Dusty Finish is warranted in a main event. Aries can't lose, but Roode can't drop the belt yet. You need a fuck finish to keep both guys moving forward. Aries looks legitimate and you can still build towards Roode/Storm. It would also make for some interesting television since Aries would be forced into the dilemma of handing over another title.
ReplyDeleteOh and FUCK TWITTER.
ReplyDeleteDude, seriously, fuck Flip Cassanova.
ReplyDeleteThe entire time, I was watching that, thinking "Jesus, man, you're already going over. You don't have to KILL the guy to make sure he stays down."
It was the worst of the wretched excesses of indy wrestling. All flips and dangerous, unnecessary, pointless goddamn spots without any connective tissue or purpose. And THEY DON'T EVEN CONNECT.
I don't care if it was an off-night and he's safe the other 90% of the time. I'd show that guy his walking papers. After Jesse Sorensen (where a simple moonsault BROKE a man's neck), we don't need that kind of hot-shit flippery. Learn to work a match without the shortcuts, asshole.
Yo mama enjoyed the way I did it last night.
ReplyDeleteIt's even worse when you have a guy like Kenny King who is so crisp at doing everything Flip tried to do. I REALLY don't get what Gabe sees in Flip. He's the definition of spot monkey.
ReplyDeleteThey really need to be careful. Aries needs to look like he belongs in the main event, but he can't win the title. If they have a competitive match and Roode either wins via rollup or DQ where it looks like he just barely escaped with the belt, I think that's the best way to go. Of course they could have Aries win it, and drop it back to Roode before BFG, but that doesn't do either guy any good. They are in a really tricky situation, but their best bet in this case seems like a DQ finish.
ReplyDeleteFlip Cassanova is the definition of what people used to associate with the X-Division, but which it hasn't really been in years: Spot monkeys escalating their spot monkey business until they're on crutches like Chris Sabin.
ReplyDeleteAww, he's good people. And really talented.
ReplyDeleteI will admit, I wasn't expecting that response. Well played.
ReplyDelete*bows* I don't bust out the yo mama stuff unless I get an opening, and I haven't gotten an opening in a long while.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even switch to Nitro in 1996 (when seemingly almost everybody was) but I found myself skipping through most of Raw and actually watching Impact the last weeks. I can only agree, at the moment IW is the far superior show to me.
ReplyDeleteCertainly not Bully Ray, no. Aries already pinned him clean a few weeks back on PPV.
ReplyDeleteI think I am going to apologize to TNA right now. I admit, when James Storm lost at Lockdown I was pissed, and I complained how it was stupid. But now that they are building to Storm vs. Roode at Bound For Glory, I realize it was a bit hypocritical for me to complain about the lack of long, slow burn feuds, and then complain when a company does just that! So here it is, I was wrong TNA.
ReplyDeleteew.
ReplyDeleteits right there... someone take it.
ReplyDeletethis. this. this.
ReplyDelete(I could go on for very long because I so much agree with that statement. note to certain other promotions: see how easy it is to get the viewer invested in the show if you give him the feeling that there is MEANING and PURPOSE to it?!)
Sabin has just had terrible luck. He's a really safe, crisp worker.
ReplyDeleteBut I thought you just got that opening from rskva's mom last night? Rumor has it it's quite the opening...
ReplyDeleteFuj - was that about what you had in mind?
ReplyDeleteI thought Aries and Roode were both insanely good. A little thing I really liked was during the sit down with him and Hogan, where he told him Sunday would be the biggest day of his life, and Aries said it would be the biggest day of the company's life. The way he delivered it so dry and matter-of-fact was just great.
ReplyDeletethis guy gets it
ReplyDeleteBeing right here in Louisville KY, I have the option of seeing Destination X with the OVW crew at Expo 5 (they show the PPV live after the OVW event at 6). Think I'll do that. And although I've only ever watched two UFC PPVs, I'm gonna take you guys at your word and check out the main event Saturday night. Should be a fun weekend.
ReplyDeletehe's not even the real cranky vince...
ReplyDeleteWhat the fuck?
it seems like i was wrong as well.
ReplyDeleteIm still not watching for about another 4- months but ill eatmy hat now.
BTW, BFG in Phoenix!?
ReplyDeleteThey did WM in Phoenix and that crowd was DEAD all night.
I dont consider Phoenix a wrestling hotbed.
What territory covered Phoenix? Blanchards/Funks? World Class?
rotfl about LARS ONLY! now that man is standard for definiition of generic indy geek.
ReplyDeleteAgreed 100%. As I watched that match, it seemed to go in slow motion, like the guys were more interested in setting up for spots rather than building a cohesive match. Spots are fine in the natural flow, but when you have to slow down, or even stop, to let the other guy get set up to take your move, it comes across as amateurish. King was so far above the other three guys in his work that it made them look really bad.
ReplyDeleteMan, I was really hoping Hardy would be wearing the face paint they used in a teaser image. I want to root for the Charismatic Moo-Cow.
ReplyDeleteit could be beer and blood if cassanova is wrestling on sunday??
ReplyDeleteisn't that an even bigger proof? how much bigger are the odds of something terrible happening to an unsafe, sloppy worker, then?
ReplyDeleteSo you can get sent to jail for life now for violating a restraining order?
ReplyDeleteShow is ok, but I have no interest in watching a bunch of guys I've never heard of nearly kill each other in spotfests. TNA looks bush league as hell when they put that on their show.
ReplyDeleteFOR LIFE! In fairness, I doubt that Bully Ray really understands the legal system.
ReplyDeleteWell Abyss was in jail for shooting his dad or something and got out on parole so I can imagine he'd be on probation. If he violates his restraining order, that probably violates his parole and would land him back in the slammer for a good bit.
ReplyDeleteThings DO line up well for a 3-match Roode/Aries series with Roode walking away in September with the title just in time to face the BFG Series winner.
ReplyDeleteHOWEVER, a major part of this Roode push is the fact that no one can beat him when it counts. He ALWAYS finds a way. It waters down Bound For Glory a lot if Aries temporarily found a way a few months prior.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-aw8hS9psIsI/TX2U4tyXq7I/AAAAAAAAAGo/pYb5ZvDMbOg/s1600/WrestlingTerritories.png
ReplyDeleteAccording to this handy map, it was the Western States Wrestling Association.
Is that where the Western States Heritage title came from?
I loved the Aries hype video where he talked about having to earn everything and how he was beating people with brain busters while Roofe was beating people with beer bottles. It was a small thing but it made Aries look good while not hurting Roode.
ReplyDeleteFlippy McFlipperson is the dude who really irritated me tonight, I'm sure Yuma is fine and just got a bad case of nerves or something.
ReplyDeleteDakota Darsow is so awful. I kinda agreed with Christopher Hirsh, I don't like bringing in unfamiliar cruiserweight wrestlers on a national show. Just doesn't look right. More familiar faces like Sonjay Dutt, yes. Guys like Rubix, Darsow? No.
ReplyDeleteWhat sucks about Sabin's situation is that he can actually work a solid match. MCMG were as fun, fast, and crisp a tag team I've seen in a long time. His luck just happens to be shitty.
ReplyDeleteThe real CrankyVince has actually been on here before.
ReplyDeleteI see we missed the part that said "Just an Example".
ReplyDeleteevery time i see that map i just look at it in awe.
ReplyDeleteits so cool.
they needs to be an updated territory map.
I think Aries wins the
ReplyDeleteI think Aries gets the belt
ReplyDeleteOh, it wasn't THAT good.
ReplyDeleteWhether he's a good person or a wrestling fan, that doesn't affect my enjoyment of him as a performer. Brock Lesnar is an asshole who hates wrestling, but I will pay money to watch him perform.
ReplyDeleteYep. Probably my favorite X-worker ever in TNA besides AJ and Joe.
ReplyDeleteBully Ray says things that aren't true sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI felt bad for Darsow after watching that match. He looked really green, and it didn't help that a number of Flip's big moves seemed to be hurting him for year. He took a knee to the head and a boot to the face at least.
ReplyDelete"Is that where the Western States Heritage title came from?"
ReplyDeleteYou'd think so, but according to Wikipedia it wasn't, at least not directly. Apparently it was created by a tournament in the UWF in 1987, and only lasted until 1989. Barry Windham and Larry Z. were the only people to have held the title.
But maybe there was some connection. There's not a lot info out there on the Western States territory...maybe they merged with the UWF at some point??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NWA_Western_States_Heritage_Championship
And yes, that map is awesome. My hometown of Columbus, Ohio was apparently covered by...Georgia Championship Wrestling? WTF?
Stupid question time, what the hell is Silva-Sonnen? I assume it's UFC crap? If I had PPV I'd be ordering DX for sure, and probably MITB just to see Cody get to the top finally.
ReplyDeleteHave to agree, after over three decades of watching WWF/WWE I'm at my breaking point. I basically just watch the shows on fast forward, other then the few people left I like (Cody/DB/Punk/AJ/Damien/Ziggler/Kaitlyn). TNA has been impressive since going live, now if they would just get out of Florida they'd be so much better.
ReplyDeleteHowever it's a good way to debut some new faces, they just need to make sure the new faces are not going to kill someone. However debuting this many, that fast is too much. It would've been better if they only debuted one or two and wait a few months for the others.
ReplyDeleteI know right, I watch television designed for children...with my children. Crazy no?
ReplyDeleteI guess if they stretch it out it could work. I'm just bored with Roode and want to see Aeries move up to the next level because he's so entertaining.
Sure it was, totally fun and worth $8. Not better than the original Raimi but better than part 2 and 3 in that series.
ReplyDeleteWhat else is there to see? Ted? lol
And Joseph Parks sells it like its true? Come on, don't talk to me like you're a heel commentator and I'm an idiot.
ReplyDeleteAgreed. A big part of me would love to see Aries win the title, but that would undoubtedly undermine Robert Roode's shtick, and really James Storm needs to be the man who ends what by BFG would have been a 12-month reign.
ReplyDeleteI'd book a draw at Destination X, followed by Roode sneaking the win at the next PPV. A couple of long, close-fought matches - with Roode just about doing enough to retain his title - would still help put Aries over huge. There's a ton of main event-level guys Aries can still feud with once he finishes up with Roode; there's no reason he should just drop back to the midcard.
That way, Storm gets to be the saviour of TNA, gets his long-awaited revenge against Roode, and starts off his reign in the best way possible.
I thought it was better than the first and third but significantly behind Spidey 2.
ReplyDeleteAll the stuff with Peter and his family/Gwen was great. The Lizard stuff was pretty bad, though.
SPIDERMAN SPOILERS SPOILERS YADDA YADDA
ReplyDeleteI sort of felt like the first incarnation of the Lizard was better, when he was just a rage monster ala' Hulk. Toward the end when he started getting sentient (and he could read "Property of" tags) it got a little weird.
I agree though the way they worked the family/Gwen stuff was fantastic, I was seriously horrified that I was going to have to sit through that origin story AGAIN but they made it different enough to feel fresh. Was I mistaken or did they totally fuck up the "With great power" line? I think Martin Sheen says something like "You are powerful and should be responsible!" or some terrible thing. I thought that was weird. That line IS Spider-Man lol.
END SPOILERS BLAH BLAH
Yes, it's the big UFC fight this weekend and a lot of eyeballs are gonna be tuned to it since Silva is the most dominant figure in the sport and Sonnen's come the closest to beating him in the past. I'd rather fork $45 just for that fight, even if it ends in the first round, than Money in the Bank.
ReplyDeleteAh, reminds me of one of my favorite songs: BOOT TO THE HEAD! EEHHH EHHH!
ReplyDeleteTo me the very best way of handling it was done in Ed Norton's Hulk, 2 minute montage at the beginning establishing the origin that EVERYONE already knows and by the time the credits were done we were off to a new story.
ReplyDeleteAt this point most of these heroes (Spider-Man, Hulk, Superman, Batman) we've seen the origin SO MANY TIMES. Just skip it and go on with something new damnit!
*Resists obvious Pat Patterson joke*
ReplyDeleteI hate to agree that TNA needs to do a shit finish to Aries-Roode, but it's true. Roode needs to stay champion until BFG and drop the strap to Storm.
ReplyDeleteI would heartily endorse a jobber named Ed Gruberman.
ReplyDeleteWhat are "Things Rhianna would say"?
ReplyDeleteBully Ray exaggerated, but it's still a friggin' restraining order, so if his brother comes in, his brother has issues with courts or whatever. Joseph Parks was hoping his brother would help, but doesn't want his brother to get in trouble with the law. He can understand the actual issue this brings, cause lawyer.
ReplyDeleteTriple threat at bfg?
ReplyDeleteYeah I'm stoked to see it. I don't ever remember silvia talking shit like this before a fight either.
ReplyDeleteI loved how parks as lawyer sold that too lol
ReplyDeleteHoly shit that map kicks ass
ReplyDeleteTextbook indy spot monkey. Hopefully some vet backstage chewed him out
ReplyDeleteJust caught the 3d matinee. The movie was fucking bad ass
ReplyDeleteYeah he only really fucked up twice and even though he fucked up the moonsault catch he still got under the guy so it was safe. That flip guy is garbage thoug
ReplyDeleteYup went to see based off that. I couldn't stand ramis 2 or especially 3. Excellent pop corn flick to see in the theater
ReplyDeleteHow very Wrestlemania XX. Benoit basically just inserted himself BY FORCE into the Triple H vs. HBK feud that we all just assumed was headlining.
ReplyDeleteIt was kinda meta, like a character in a story not accepting a middling fate and rising up against the author.
Now that tna is good again am I the only one who wonders what happened to elvy after he got banned? Does he still pretend to be the fuj on 411?
ReplyDeleteOh god that guy was the worst.
ReplyDeleteScott should let him back for a couple of weeks so he can show dougie and a couple other guys how to troll with style.
ReplyDeleteHow about his second strike when he used Janice to tenderize RVD.
ReplyDeleteI've no no beef with Jigsaw (Rubix) at all. He's solid. Of all the Indy guys they've brought in as of late, I definitely would prefer that he and Kenny King stick around. They can do the spot monkey stuff, but can work a match. Most importantly, they're not dangerous in the ring.
ReplyDeleteThat line, from what I understand, was lifted straight from the Ultimate Spider-Man origin. I didn't know until my friend told me, because I have never had remote interest in reading Ultimate Spidey.
ReplyDeleteAgreed on Lizard. The dueling "Crazy self/normal self" monologue was a blatant ripoff of Raimi's work on Goblin in the first movie, and it is not the ideal interpretation of the Lizard in my view. I also thought the CGI on him was mediocre at best, awful at worst (whenever he talked).
Still, an enjoyable film with some great acting.
It's about time Silva had a little of the proverbial fire under his ass. This is gonna be fun.
ReplyDeleteYES! YES! YES!
ReplyDeleteWins the what?! WHAT IS IT?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteI like the one WWE uses in their DVD's because it shows promoter's names too. But this is cool.
ReplyDeleteI like that one as well.
ReplyDeleteNo. Color Me Badd.
ReplyDeleteand that's why men are no longer men these days.
ReplyDeleteA handshake means nothing.