Just thinking that although WWE couldn't have done anything about the calendar timing this year, what sane human being is watching a 3-hour RAW on both Christmas Eve AND New Year's Eve? Hell, I make ad revenue off reviewing the show and even I'm not watching either show until well after the fact. Perhaps those 100 million WWE fans named in the survey will lift the taped shows past a 2.1 rating, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think we're gonna see what the hardest of hardcore rock bottom viewership is when the numbers come in for those two shows.
Or maybe CM Punk will hit Santa Claus with his crutches and fake another heart attack to draw even more heel heat, whatever.
Or Punk will go off on a Santa isn't real rant while Vince waits starry-eyed for the Twitter reaction.
ReplyDeleteThey're definitely dead in the water for New Year's Eve, but Christmas Eve they MAY be in a slightly better (but still worse than usual) situation. For my family anyway, Christmas Eve isn't like Thanksgiving Eve where it's this big night of social gatherings. There might actually be a large segment of people who celebrate Christmas who are just getting home from seeing their family (or family are just leaving their house) and they'll actually be home to watch the show (if they choose to).
ReplyDeleteBut yeah, it's not looking good for New Year's.
"I Know It's Not Their Fault!"
ReplyDelete--
Well it damn sure wasn't mine!
--Snitsky
I'm not going out this year for NYE so it's going to be really depressing when I'm the only one in the live thread. On the bright side, it should help me finally catch jobber.
ReplyDeleteI'm 38 and been married for 13 years. I haven't gone out on New Years in years.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm still not watching. heck most years we don't even make it until Midnight.
To quote Kiefer Sutherland as Lloyd Bentsen on SNL, "I'm old and I'm only getting older."
Make that 2 brah! Im off both mondays, so look out Ryan Murphy... if thats your real name...
ReplyDeleteOr maybe CM Punk will hit Santa Claus with his crutches and fake another heart attack to draw even more heel heat, whatever.
ReplyDelete--------------------
No more phone calls, we have a winner.
I never go out either, I'll keep you company in the live thread. But seriously I don't know what the plan is, but they should just give up and throw a 3 hour best of show on the air for New Years.
ReplyDeleteTHREADJACK:
ReplyDeleteThe PTPs are pretty fucking funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tl-WmLSiMg
And that doesn't have their hilarious bits on the youtube show Inbox almost every week, either. I hope they stick with it because when the time is right, they have a chance to hit it big.
ReplyDeleteDid You Know? Monday Night Raw and TNA Impact scored the same rating for the last 2 weeks of 2012
ReplyDelete"I'm a playah from the himalaaaaaayaaaass!"
ReplyDelete"Hey Tamina, I got you a coconut tree."
Titus is something else. I never watch smackdown and skip through most of raw these days so I thanks for posting this, I've missed most of it.
Seriously, not to turn this into a race debate, but does anyone running WWE know what to do with these two? Every single person in creative is white, right? They may not be the best in the ring, but I say give the PTP the mic every week and push them hard. They could be huge.
Meh I've never gone out on NYE either. We just stay up at my house until midnight and bang a bunch of pots and pans. Plus I live in California and no one gives a shit anyways. It's sad in it's own way haha.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, I think it's widely agreed by most people that Punk is a great heel, and hell he even has solid motivation for this heel turn, but people just do not wanna boo him.
ReplyDeleteLast Raw: 2.67
ReplyDeleteLast Impact: 0.96
I don't want to know what math you use to call that the same.
I think he meant that as the final two weeks of 2012, as in the upcoming 24th and the 31rst and not the previous two weeks.
ReplyDeleteOh, OK, Even so, Raw is going to annihilate Impact like usual. I don't see why it's even an issue anyway. A better comparison would be to see how Raw/Impact do against other cable programs at the same time. Bet Raw still wins...
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, surely. I think it was a joke, just to mock the "Did You Know?" segments. I imagine RAW will do something in the 2.3 to 2.6 range between the two Monday shows.
ReplyDeleteThey pretty much feature them on their "behind the scenes" webshows practically every week. They are taking over Inbox next week. It is only a matter of time before they get one of their own.
ReplyDeleteAW who?
Problem is he doesn't have a sympathetic/over enough face to go against him
ReplyDeleteSo WWE doesn't even let their workers have the night off for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve? Just run the best matches of the year from PPV and TV.
ReplyDeleteROH reviewers don't have a sense of humor. ;)
ReplyDeleteExactly, plus, so much of his turn has been tied into Cena, who roughly half the audience hates on any given night. So you want people to boo Punk because he's mad Cena's main eventing, Punk gets no respect, and Punk's beaten Cena often yet keeps having to give rematches, three "facts" that are either true or logical enough to ring true...yet he's the bad guy in the situation. So he's resorted to work in cheesy, old school style cheap heat spots, (your home town sucks" is sooo edgy).
ReplyDeleteOr time.
ReplyDeletePtp fucking rule
ReplyDeleteThey're taped shows. It was posted about a month or so ago, but it's a crazy ass schedule they are running this next week where they are taping 3 weeks worth of shows.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they're pre-taping these shows and not actually going live on Xmas Eve.
ReplyDeleteThis. My goal is to have the kids out by 9:30 and play Arkham Asylum until I fall asleep in the living room. New Years, like being flamboyantly gay, is only really for young people.
ReplyDeleteI know it's a broken record from me but seriously they should consider pumping the Christmas Eve show with as much kid-friendly stuff as they can manage. I know my house is going to have about 7-8 kids that will need to be entertained so the adults can drink hot buttered rum and play Apples to Apples.
ReplyDeleteLuckily, the Rock is right around the corner.
ReplyDeleteI never know what I'm doing on New Year's Eve until the night of. I would always find some last minute party to go to, then get stuck in the city because cabs don't want to go to my neighborhood and miss out on a bunch of fairs, and the buses are packed.
ReplyDeleteOr when I was still running the Rave theater in University City, I had to work, but closed the building at 10 because nobody in their right minds actually bought tickets for any of the shows playing around midnight. Except for this group of four, I gave them refunds and a bunch of passes if they would just leave so I could send my employees home.
My girlfriend got invited to a party, which is taking place in an apartment three blocks from Times Square. I may have to break up with her just to avoid the madness. This New Year's may suck.
ReplyDeleteApples to Apples is the devil.....so thank you for reminding me about it. We needed a drinking game this year.
ReplyDeleteNext week whatever city there in they'll probably have Punk wear an opposing teams Jersey or something too.
ReplyDeleteI thought he was atrocious on NXT but he's gotten better in the ring and yeah, he's fucking hilarious. Them on Commentary for that RAW did wonders for Titus. It was like when the Hart Dynasty did commentary for a match, except the exact opposite.
ReplyDeleteI'm 25 and this is the year where I decided it might just be best to go to my parents house and watch the New Years show instead of going out and get retarded.
ReplyDeletePoor Pittsburgh is getting 6 hours of crap.
ReplyDeleteShitsburgh deserves it
ReplyDeleteFirst- I don't know why they wouldn't do a best of (preferably ppv) show on Christmas Eve. I'd actually watch if I could see one or both of Lesnar's matches, and some others which I haven't seen. Second- is New Year's Eve really going to be that big of an issue? Are the people who are left as Raw's audience really do much on NYE? If their audience is predominantly people in their late- 30s and children, won't they be home that night? I know I never do anything that night since my wife works and I have a kid.
ReplyDeleteIt's my least favorite day to go out. I'll just drink at a friend's house, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteI live within walking distance of downtown and I love our downtown bars but I won't be at any of them.
I have an infant. No partying in any form this year.
ReplyDeleteI might watch. Sort of. But not really.
Apples to Apples is great with booze.
ReplyDeleteEven that is a pain in the ass, all for the sake of the insane notion that "new programming means more ratings than a Best Of". It's Christmas and New Year's Eve, throw a couple of good PPV matches on there from the last year and people will care just the same (that is to say, hardly).
ReplyDeleteYes it was a joke
ReplyDelete