Skip to main content

Monday Night Open Mic

One of my favorite things about wrestling is when guys band together and decide they are going to steal the show. The Harts and the Bulldogs used to do it all the time when they entered the WWF. Shawn Michaels did it before he was known for doing it. And last night The Shield, Kane, Ryback and Daniel Bryan did it again. They were probably a little perturbed they were placed in the middle of the show and in a show of solidarity decided to give the fans something to remember. Competition is never a bad thing and the fans always win.

Enjoy tonight's show and come out swinging but try to keep it clean.

Comments

  1. One of my favorite stories is Batista and Taker getting pissed off at being placed so low on the card at WM23 and going out and having a great match to stick it to Vince.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with that assessment. And with the Road to Wrestlemania about to begin, I can see them building on that momentum and giving us some great moments these next few months

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night was also a night for great BOOKING decisions so hopefully that carries on. I'm feeling optimistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all fairness, Daniel Bryan (I'll never get used to that name) is a wrestling god and he used to put on amazing matches with Seth Rollins in ROH. Dean Ambrose is pretty stellar, too. With 3 of the 6 guys in the match being 3 of the best on the planet, it's kinda a given the match will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That match was so unexpectedly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Miz and Del Rio going face lately, now there's plenty of room to turn Ryder and/or Kingston heel. Motivation for Ryder is there. C'mon, do it, WWE...

    ReplyDelete
  7. True, but I think Reigns, Kane and Ryback deserve equal props. Pretty much everyone was on the receiving end of multiple chair shots, at least one sick bump, and pulled their weight in every other regard.



    That chokeslam bump from Ambrose though... ouch. There's just no faking that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen the match yet, so perhaps the lesson learned is I shouldn't mouth off uninformed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For the second week in a row I am watching Raw. After last night I'm extremely excited about WWE. I hope they can keep up my excitement because there's just a different aura when WWE has something exciting going on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kingston could be the best heel turn ever. He goes from Smiling Kofi to Angry Kofi! He's like the opposite of Doink the Clown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Get to it, sir. I don't like to overhype, but you need to see this one post-haste.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It wasn't really a wrestling match. It was the very definition of WWE main event style and why it can be so great sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was about to posit a theory as to why Ryder has fallen so far since last year's TLC PPV, but - aside from piss-poor booking - it comes down to this: Zack Ryder sucks monkey balls. He made the opportunity, can't fault him for that, but the guy is NOT a good wrestler. If he wanted to steal the show, he'd have to do it by illegally downloading it on the internet* (*his only friend).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gotta give everyone their due.

    Ryback: Took some disgusting chair shots and ladder shots last night.

    Daniel Bryan: What didn't he have done to him. When Rollins stomped his face into the chair(I know it has a name someone in the live thread called it) and that final table bump was nasty.

    Kane: Took a big spear through the barricade. Can pulled his weight last night.

    Reigns: GET UP FOOLS THIS OUR TABLE NOW!

    Ambrose: His mannerisms, his viciousness, and that chokeslam on the chair, suplex on the ladder were both brutal.

    Rollins: I'm glad he's ok after flying off those ladders. Sickening.

    Everyone contributed in the match. There wasn't one person who I said "oh great he's in the match now"

    ReplyDelete
  15. A motivated Taker and a motivated Batista together. That's not a bad thing that's a GOOD THING! *DDP smile*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very true how many wrestling holds or moves did we see in that match? Couldn't have been more than ten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't for this 3 hour wankfest for Taker/HHH.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No respect for the 1986 & 1987 Slammy's in that montage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So they don't make the app for droids or is the WWE just really bad plugging their own products?

    ReplyDelete
  20. The only way to vote is through an app? If genuine, then the votes are seriously gonna favour the smarks. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well the shit commentary is 100% back in effect. Someone should feed king a whole ham after the show

    ReplyDelete
  22. wokka wokka jerry lawler

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow that was insanely short for the quality of work those two guys can do

    ReplyDelete
  24. "None the less"...that was right from VKM's mouth

    ReplyDelete
  25. I opened up my app store on my droid and checked out the wwe app, the first three user reviews all said it sucked

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's like they're told to be as bad as possible. Surely he should have some sort of instinct for what does and doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Punk takes out rock should be the winner

    ReplyDelete
  28. lol how is Brock Lesnar returning not even nominated?

    ReplyDelete
  29. Boogeyman.




    Raw of the Year.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well if your going to roll an old act out of the mothballs might as well bring back boogey for no apparent reason

    ReplyDelete
  31. They mentioned the Android app after the Apple app. That's how I knew to get mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Most random commercial break of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just opened up the ap...and Active isn't loading anymore. Not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Man it sucks here on the West Coast Raw doesn't start for another 3 hours. I'm living in the past right now.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wonder if anyone ever has actually stopped to watch the show that works for wwe? I seriously wonder if part of the problem is no one actually watches it on TV. The announcing is so bad it hurts the show, in fact I would say that even more than 50/50 booking and the weird cena no sell of angles the announcing hurts the quality of the show

    ReplyDelete
  36. Is that boogeymans first appearance ever on Raw?

    ReplyDelete
  37. Probably a work, no one remembers that (even though it was pretty cool)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I still cant believe how much they fucked that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  39. It'd be funny if Maddox's motivation for screwing Ryback was just so he could win this Slammy.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I tuned in because I thought we might get a 20 minute shield promo to start the show. No but I got to see the boogeyman and a divas match, plus two awesome workers like rey and sandow (maybe not awesome but very good, and an awesome character either way) work a 3 minute match. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Eve is a terrible heel. It sounds so forced and awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I agree. She was hot with the glasses on but that was it. She is so bad at reading her obviously written lines, but I really think creative loves her because she's like a "TV Star" they write for.

    ReplyDelete
  43. To paraphrase the late Mike Graham "Eve, wore a million pairs of glasses, never drew a dime."

    ReplyDelete
  44. OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Shield beatdown or merchandise shill?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Still love NAO's music. Definitely top 5 of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  47. These guys are still pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Well Prince Albert wins this one hands down right guys?

    ReplyDelete
  49. ugh if the dx reunion actually wins I'm streaming every ppv in 2013

    ReplyDelete
  50. King's got this in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Not very nice to say but the lawler comeback ruined my enjoyment of the product. I can't think of another guy in entertainment worse at his or her job

    ReplyDelete
  52. That might be true if only good wrestlers were pushed. WWE has pushed so many wrestlers just as bad or worse than Ryder and who had a tenth of his overness.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Commercial free Super Smackdown= 20 minutes Kaitlyn vs Aksana 5* spot fest.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Damn Jeremy Lin is balling back in msg right now. Good game

    ReplyDelete
  55. Aaaaaand we're going to get a Punk promo now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  56. I hope Lesnar comes out and F5 the shit out of Lawler.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Funnier compared to more than half the roster.

    ReplyDelete
  58. I live in san diego california and Raw comes on at 5pm, it is replayed at 8 on the standard def usa but its totally on live at 5. What cable company do you have? I use at&t u-verse

    ReplyDelete
  59. Gotta make room for more award presentations. No time for this wrestling shit.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Just go back to Japan, Bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh god is this going to be one of those raws with nothing but 2 minute matches and then the slammys like back in the days of the draft or win mcmahons money?

    ReplyDelete
  62. Here's Wade Barrett to continue the feud, even though Kofi beat him clean as a sheet last night. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Going in I was joking with a few friends that I wasn't sure if the matches would be longer than the Slammy presentations. You don't really have to call me on that WWE.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Good point, well made, but I still feel that if he put as much effort into his matches as he does into his YouTube videos then it'd be harder to drop him so far down the card.

    ReplyDelete
  65. This app tutorial is longer than the last match.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Micheal explain to america how to download an app on a smartphone, gee thanks wwe

    ReplyDelete
  67. Hey, it's Vickie! It must be time for Monday Night Football!

    ReplyDelete
  68. OH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

    ReplyDelete
  69. worst in the world get your app ready dude!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Is this for worst angle in of the year?

    ReplyDelete
  71. And the winner of the AJ for AJ is... AJ!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I feel like the John Cena Championship might need to be renamed the AJ Championship.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I think AJ has an outside shot at winning this one.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Not really. As we've seen over this year, just keeping him in terrible segments and/or completely off the main show has killed all momentum. And it's not like being a quality wrestler buys you any goodwill, as Shelton Benjamin, Charlie Haas, Nick Densmore, and a host of others can attest.


    The only ways to get pushed by the WWE are either A) to be a multi-faceted worker or B) have a great look with height. If you're a great wrestler who can't talk or a great talker who can't wrestle, you better be 6'3+ or you're fodder.

    ReplyDelete
  75. AJ IS A HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  76. This segment is also known as "Switch it to Monday Night Football. WE DARE YOU!"

    ReplyDelete
  77. She hasn't even talked yet and I'm already annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Get nekkid or get off the stage...

    ReplyDelete
  79. What a pathetic waste of tv time to run this as a work. It would still be a waste of time to run this as a shoot, but to actually sit around and write this, what a pile of motherfucking garbage

    ReplyDelete
  80. bwhahahahaha @ aj heel turn. Cultstatus called it, tilt head...state fractured sentence

    ReplyDelete
  81. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  82. Daniel Bryan is dangerously close to becoming Jake "The Milkman" Milliman.

    ReplyDelete
  83. Nice the great khali for another 2 minute match

    ReplyDelete
  84. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighDecember 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM

    Dolph is a pimp

    ReplyDelete
  85. Natalya's with Khali now, because...........shut up, she is.

    ReplyDelete
  86. No...AJ is a groupie.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Is she? I couldn't tell from that last segment.

    ReplyDelete
  88. At least she doesn't fart anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  89. They dared me. I did it. No regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  90. At the least the milkman got to go over scott hall

    ReplyDelete
  91. Funny is that they work for the WWE with HHH in charge after the shit they said about him.

    ReplyDelete
  92. why? Because he's now the 5th or 6th to get with AJ?

    ReplyDelete
  93. Everyone farts. I cut one while I was typing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  94. No time for entrances! We need time for more worked award presentations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  95. [Jessie Baker] A cool angle to piggyback off of the whole AJ kissing wrestlers things would be if there was a mysterious outbreak of cold sores among the WWE Superstars.[/Jessie Baker]

    ReplyDelete
  96. Who in the fuck thought THIS match was a good idea?!

    ReplyDelete
  97. I'm surprised she didn't jump on the camerman.

    ReplyDelete
  98. "I wish there was a Slammy for Couple of the Year! Khali and Natalya would definitely be in the running!"


    Sure they would, Cole! Right behind AJ & John Cena, AJ & Daniel Bryan, AJ & CM Punk, and AJ & Kane!

    ReplyDelete
  99. I hear Naitch but I don't see him.

    ReplyDelete
  100. Am I crazy or would Billy Gunn be hysterical as a delusional wrestler who thinks he was a big deal from the attitude era?

    ReplyDelete
  101. An AUDIO CLIP??? What, was Flair stuck in divorce court or something?

    ReplyDelete
  102. With the cold sores masterminded by John Cena and doing his dirty work in taking out fellow superstars and instantly making him the next title contender, turning him into the piece of shit corporate heel which in turn instantly turns CM Punk face.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Somebody from production is getting fired for that Flair slip up

    ReplyDelete
  104. *Votes for CM Punk, hits send*


    Auto Reply: We here at the WWE thank your for voting for JOHN CENA..

    ReplyDelete
  105. It's TIM TEBOW! The John Cena of Football!

    ReplyDelete
  106. You know that commercial is a lie. When was the last time the Jets celebrated a win?

    ReplyDelete
  107. I'd pay Ric Flair's bar tab(someone has to) to see a dueling promo between him and Punk. And probably a match too.

    ReplyDelete
  108. So he IS here? So then the audio clip was there just to ruin the surprise???

    ReplyDelete
  109. I'm out till the shield promo

    ReplyDelete
  110. So, lawsuit settled, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  111. For directv, I get the east coast feeds for all channels and I live in LA

    ReplyDelete
  112. I can see Cena being a carrier. He would no sell the outbreak.

    ReplyDelete
  113. January 12, 1969.

    ReplyDelete
  114. And the place just BOOS THE SHIT out of that one! You can't make this shit up.

    ReplyDelete
  115. C'mon hometown...do me proud and boo the shit out of him.

    ReplyDelete
  116. Okay, just admit the voting is rigged. All those poor Sheamus fans are throwing things at their televisions.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Oh, Jesus CHRIST...I was JOKING...

    ReplyDelete
  118. Wow. Booed out of the building.

    ReplyDelete
  119. This isn't a Philly crowd without a beer bottle to the head - preferably filled.

    ReplyDelete
  120. I really don't get why they're just standing there, letting the boos get louder. It's like a slap in the face.

    ReplyDelete
  121. It sounds like some people tried to give him a little cheer but the boos just got louder and stronger. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  122. So how long before Flair pawns it?

    ReplyDelete
  123. The crowd response Cena is getting reminds me of when Bush spoke VIA satelite at the NAACP.

    ReplyDelete
  124. Why is this question hypothetical?

    ReplyDelete
  125. You get the first part. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  126. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighDecember 17, 2012 at 7:03 PM

    Points well taken! I jumped the gun lol. I'm just a mark for dolph I suppose.... Lol at punk power crutching on the stage

    ReplyDelete
  127. Ric Flair, 2012 Superstar of the year! It was probably that epic match he had with, oh wait.

    ReplyDelete
  128. The second Cena turned heel, Jesse would instantly become his biggest fan.

    ReplyDelete
  129. This is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  130. Maybe that's what Flair was talking about when he said he couldn't talk about where he was going after RAW.

    ReplyDelete
  131. "It's Clobbering Time! That's what time it is!"


    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  132. Tough guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  133. Wow. Punk looks legitimately pissed. Great angry promo from him.

    ReplyDelete
  134. Battle of the bounced checks: Heyman vs. FLair.

    ReplyDelete
  135. She's the village bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  136. Flair is so creepy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  137. The divorce lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  138. At least Flair managed to walk to the ring without sweating through his shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  139. CM punk screaming with his crutches makes him look like a funny cranky old man. It's freaking awesome, i hope he gets well soon though.

    ReplyDelete
  140. They wouldn't waste the beer.

    ReplyDelete
  141. Yeesh, didn't really follow TNA, but Flair looks like he's aged 20 years since his Michaels retirement match

    ReplyDelete
  142. It's gonna be funny when Flair gets fired after blading when the Shield run in.

    ReplyDelete
  143. Until Flair started slurring his words. "Thitsh roleths"

    ReplyDelete
  144. Sadly, he actually looks better here than he did in TNA.


    And think about this...Flair actually WRESTLED a few times in TNA. How's that for a mental picture?

    ReplyDelete
  145. That's because it's a fake Rolex. He had to replace the one he pawned with something.

    ReplyDelete
  146. Wow, Punk is really enjoying himself.

    ReplyDelete
  147. One legged strut FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  148. FIRE HIM? HE'S ALREADY FIRED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  149. "Five votes for PRESIDENT Cena."

    ReplyDelete
  150. ...yeah, if you get a woman from Philly, you'll be guaranteed death.

    ReplyDelete
  151. Wow, Roman got really fat....oh wait...

    ReplyDelete
  152. Wow, Cena won Superstar of the Year through (rigged) voting.

    ReplyDelete
  153. Next week: Heyman also in crutches, with a proxy holding the belt in the air for him?

    ReplyDelete
  154. Patient Zero would actually kinda be an awesome name for a finishing move

    ReplyDelete
  155. Five bucks says John Cena, who was such a "nice guy" and gave Flair his Superstar of the Year Slammy, doesn't bother to make the save when Flair gets his beatdown right now.

    ReplyDelete
  156. "It is great to see you back where you belong."

    I didn't realize WWE was Mid-Atlantic now.

    ReplyDelete
  157. I like how they're breaking down this entire segment as multiple cliffhangers. Something different. It'll be interesting to see the ratings pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  158. 3-0 Jets. Goddamn, are the Jets really about to make the playoffs by beating three shitty teams by a combined 10 points or less?

    ReplyDelete
  159. HHH probably took care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  160. Wow, you guys were right: the way they attack is very smartly booked and highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  161. That's probably the biggest legit pop that Ryback's ever gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  162. Hey now, some of our women are kinda...sorta...a little bit...OK

    ReplyDelete
  163. What is with the commercial breaks in the middle of segments?

    ReplyDelete
  164. I'll but a WWE PPV for the rest of my natural days (and a least two on life support) if Cole eats a triple powerbomb.

    ReplyDelete
  165. Gotta love how poor Rollins always draws the table spots.

    ReplyDelete
  166. Poor Rollins. That could not have felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  167. NOW SPEAR FLAIR, RYBERG

    ReplyDelete
  168. So you could have the second screen experience on the WWE app, of course! Haven't you been paying attention to Cole and Lawler teaching you how to use it all night?

    ReplyDelete
  169. "Everywhere the Nature Boy goes a party follows"


    ...no, that's the IRS.

    ReplyDelete
  170. Oh god...as...as a team of Horsemen go...Oh My God!

    ReplyDelete
  171. Do you want your five bucks VIA Paypal?

    ReplyDelete
  172. I guarantee they go 1-2.

    ReplyDelete
  173. That has to be the longest run Chris Johnson has had in years.

    ReplyDelete
  174. I really can't believe a Rockets team led by Jeremy Lynn walked into MSG and is slaughtering the Knicks.

    ReplyDelete
  175. Thunder spurs and bulls grizzlies both good righr now. I have to dvr some of raw to survive the show. But flairs back??? And he does a promo with punk??? Nice

    ReplyDelete
  176. Have they announced a main event tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  177. LOL. Why does Ron Simmons tape his wrists up?

    ReplyDelete
  178. Did Chan come back to the board just to get back in the top 5 commenters list? C'mon Zanadude, get back in there!

    ReplyDelete
  179. Oh, that's right. There's supposed to be wrestling on this show, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  180. That third quarter was crazy. Knicks didn't guard anyone

    ReplyDelete
  181. JTG gets on TV in Philadelphia, but doesn't make the show in his hometown.

    ReplyDelete
  182. Clay/JTG V? And it's UNADVERTISED?

    ReplyDelete
  183. Brodus Clay vs JTG 7! THE RIVALRY OF THE CENTURY!

    ReplyDelete
  184. Brodus is just terrible in the ring.

    ReplyDelete
  185. Chan made a cameo during last night's TLC live thread.

    ReplyDelete
  186. Why does any wrestler not booked show up dressed in their ring gear?

    ReplyDelete
  187. Yeah, because he totally deserves to be on a PPV at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  188. So John Cena is now a three time Superstar of the Year Slammy Award winner since they brought back the Slammy's in 2008. Jericho won in 2008 (not sure what the process was) and Punk won (when fans could vote for it) in 2011.


    Cena's two other wins were through a tournament and another online voting scenario.


    Yeah, this guy needs it badly apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  189. When I die I wish to be reincarnated as Cameron's thong.

    ReplyDelete
  190. LOL at JBL's "Match of the Year candidate" line. JTG might be future endeavored this week.

    ReplyDelete
  191. Oh jeeze, are we on to Santino comedy duo #40?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment