Skip to main content

Expecting the unexpected ?


Bad thoughts DO come to mind sometimes.

Like, Daniel Bryan not wrestling in the main event of Wrestlemania but Hulk Hogan could be.

Or some downright sadistic thoughts like HHH becoming the next CHAIRMAN of the WWE.

All of that is still acceptable and nobody would die or anything... but...

How painful would it be for you if Sami Zayn got called up onto the main roster and is given the Sin Cara gimmick ?


Painfully awesome.  He'd rock the fuck out of it.  Bring it on.  

Comments

  1. I think if anyone should get the Sin Cara gimmick, it's Adrienne Neville (aka PAC) since he can do a lot of impressive high flying stuff but he's not very good on the mic. Plus it'd cover up those ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary The Rock Star's #1 FanDecember 19, 2013 at 7:57 AM

    Hulk Hogan will not be medically cleared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. La Parka is the ONLY chairman of anything. I'd love to have him at board meetings to handle those who disagree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary The Rock Star's #1 FanDecember 19, 2013 at 7:58 AM

    Stallone is tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gary The Rock Star's #1 FanDecember 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM

    The only person on roids is Langston. FIRE HIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. This.

    Any uproar over this (if a few internet posts qualifies as such) is hilariously, overly reflexive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What, specifically, needs investigating?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suspect most of the E' is on HGH much like the NFL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm shocked Parallax upvoted this, he is Mr.Anti-drug. I agree with Dougie though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't upvote this enough.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's wrong with leaving it to Hunico?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The managing Ric Flair story they tell in the beginning? Wasn't that during the WWF Hogan-Flair feud? I know I'm nitpicking, but I feel like I remember that happening in WWF in 1991.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If he was doing that gimmick in the WWF at that time, he could have gotten a nice mid-card push. WCW was too dumb to let that happen though

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I remember La Parka getting pretty big pops with his little weird-ass dance thing.

    I always thought of him the same way that I thought of Norman Smiley - lower-card guy who just seemed to be having so much damn fun wrestling that people got into it.

    Not sure what Smiley is doing these days, but he was one of my favorite WCW guys. The Big Wiggle still kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hulkster should have retired after WM18. Or, stuck around till Backlash, tag with The Rock against the nWo, and ride off into the sunset with one last big win.

    After that, he could have just signed a Legends deal, made occasional appearances to pop the crowd, and lived happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ALL WWE wrestlers are either on, or at one time, have been on some sort of "performance enhancer." (I firmly believe that the majority of pro athletes are too) In Tampa and now Orlando, HGH is available at any anti-aging clinic. If your testosterone levels are a wee bit low (and as you age they get lower anyhow) you go to one of these and get a script for a test booster. Newsflash, that's steroids. Shoot guys in the UFC like Vitor Belfort and Dan Henderson, amongst others, get to take testosterone replacement and still get to fight. Now, I'm all for it especially in non-competitive endeavors like WWE or Hollywood (and yes guys like Will Smith, Brad Pitt and Hugh Jackman ALL take PED's). If one wants to inject themselves with something to look and feel better, by all means do it. Do people really think a guy like Benoit, when he was caught, had all those steroids for himself? He was the hook up for some of the boys. That's how it works fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. HowmuchdoesthisguyweighDecember 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM

    Norman works for WWE... He is a trainer or road agent. Had a cameo on a total divas episode recently!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm totally up for WWE having a few masked luchadore types, but I think it'd be kind of a waste to put someone they have high hopes for (like Zayn, hopefully) under the Sin Cara mask specifically. The Sin Cara character has just been beaten and devalued and part of such awful stuff SO MUCH in his 3 years that the gimmick itself is worthless. I understand leaving Hunico under the mask and getting whatever he can out of Sin cara as a low level gimmick, but they shouldn't go beyond that. At this point Sin Cara is just a stupid name and a color pattern on a mask, so why not come up with a DIFFERENT name and mask for someone else?

    I just can't ever seen the fans buying Sin Cara as anything important, no matter who's under there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. If they are looking for the next rey to sell masks they could do a lot worse than to put one back on zayn when he hits the main roster. Its hard for me to not imagine him becoming a huge star. He's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You can make the argument (and the WWE certainly would) that he was classified differently in terms of his relationship with the company than anyone else and was thus exempt.

    You know who wouldn't have been, though? Batista. Remember him? The guy who had the noodle veins and was built like a leaner Scott Steiner? The guy who tore his tricep washing dishes?

    Remember when he transitioned to MMA, a sport where your opponent ISN'T helping you throw them around at all and where you get tested legit before and after every fight, all of a sudden, Batista dropped like 60 pounds? Huh. Weird, right?

    Ah, well. Random sampling means random! If he never got tested, he just never got picked at random! The WWE definitely doesn't preclude certain guys from the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think the company feels the same way, but if he's still selling merchandise, why pull the plug?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I remember being in e-feds. It was absolutely the nerdiest thing in the world you could do...but it was also really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. No, they just noticed people picked up on the fact that Randy Orton has like 5 wellness strikes on his record and while they successfully swept a few under the rug, they needed to explain away the others to justify pushing the fuck out of him (and save their asses if Orton fucks up again).

    Fake weed is any allowed and shouldn't ever be. Nobody regulates it and it's been found to contain nail polish removed as well as a bunch of other shit you do NOT want to burn and inhale and the health effects besides the high are super dangerous.

    It's like breathable Krokodil.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's one of the few things on the show that I don't care for. But they do a good job of packing the hour with good stuff and very little fluff. Even their backstage segments lead to something (Genetic Perfection jump Bradford as payback and later they get a match for the tag titles, etc), which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like this. Let's not act like the wellness policy is the apex of altruistic policies. It's mainly a PR prop to skirt liabilities. If Cena, or anyone they ever really valued, got close to being suspeded they'd find a way around. Self governing policies like this will always have this issue. It'd be like Jerry Jones having final say over a Cowboys drug test.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I always get a kick out of actors that say they gained/lost 20+ pounds of muscle for a movie and no one bats an eye at it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. 'Now guys with two strikes can go through the "Redemption Program"'

    ah, so that's what that season of NXT was about

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow. Really? I like Kofi and I'm not an Orton fan, but the idea that Kofi should be in the same spot currently occupied by Orton seems...well, ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Why? He'd buy his way out, unless someone with more money & power decided he needed to go down. He provides a distraction to the masses, and I'm certain those in power value that.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know how this looks NOW but when Kofi was feuding with Orton:

    -Cutting promo on him after he cost him his Iron Man Match with John Cena.

    -Pinning Orton AND Cm Punk at Survivor Series.

    -Brawling with Orton at MSG and than putting him through the table with the Boom Drop.

    He was getting WAY over with fans. Kofi is Just Another Midcarder now but that feud was doing big things for him and he was stepping up.

    Than he messed up and Orton threw a fit at him and all that was over with.

    Least he didn't get fired like Kennedy did. Orton trying to slap Kennedy after the suplex is still funny to me ...

    ReplyDelete
  31. I know how this looks NOW but when Kofi was feuding with Orton:

    -Cutting promo on him after he cost him his Iron Man Match with John Cena.

    -Pinning Orton AND Cm Punk at Survivor Series.

    -Brawling with Orton at MSG and than putting him through the table with the Boom Drop.

    He was getting WAY over with fans. Kofi is Just Another Midcarder now but that feud was doing big things for him and he was stepping up.

    Than he messed up and Orton threw a fit at him and all that was over with.

    Least he didn't get fired like Kennedy did. Orton trying to slap Kennedy after the suplex is still funny to me ...

    ReplyDelete
  32. It makes sense to have a mechanism to "reform" your image with these drug violations, but I think the 18-month period is too short a time; I think 3-5 years makes more sense, as it forces someone to be cleaner longer, providing a better chance that someone will stay clean.



    On the other hand, this is clearly a PR move from the WWE, allowing them to give one of their top stars a second (third? fourth?) chance when they are desperately low on big names who can headline shows.

    ReplyDelete
  33. If anyone can be blamed for going through the motions more than Orton, it's Kofi.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well since they don't consider weed as a strike on the wellness policy and just give the wrestler a fine for having it in there system, it's kinda beside the point.

    ReplyDelete
  35. They don't consider weed as a strike on the wellness policy and just give the wrestler a fine for having it in there system, it's kinda beside the point.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think its telling that until I read this, I remembered NONE of that happening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment