Skip to main content

News Update Addendum

Apparently lost among the most important pieces of news over the last six months is that fact that the Wellness Policy changed in July, effectively reducing Randy Orton to one strike and thus explaining why they'd go ahead and push the shit out of him a month later.  Now guys with two strikes can go through the "Redemption Program" and work their way out of a strike over an 18-month period with drug counselling and other smoke/mirror bullshit that allows the people behind this ridiculous policy to justify themselves.  I assume they applied it retroactively to Randy as well so that he wouldn't have to wait until 2015 to be declared clean-living and a model citizen again.  

Coincidentally, no one has been busted since July, when the policy changed.  So the program continues to be as effective and well thought out as anything else in the company.    

Comments

  1. I'm actually completely in favor of this. Having the strikes last for the entirety of someone's career is just excessive. Testing positive for weed shouldn't affect your employment 20 years later. There absolutely should be a way to get strikes removed. Even Sheldon allows for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So they finally let fake pot be passable since July?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm in the minority on this one, if only because it smacks of hypocrisy. Should a weed violation affect a person years after the original incident? Probably not, unless it's a habitual problem that affects their work inside the ring. But to retroactively change the rules so that you could push someone to the tippy top without fear of having them screw up and wind up out of the company? That's d-level, small time sleaze for a company that's supposedly a major international corporation.

    The only way things ever get fixed is if someone steps in to rectify the situation. Lord knows I'm not a fan of the government in most guises, but this is perhaps the one time I wouldn't mind a congressional investigation into McMahon's business practices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares? The Wellness Policy has been a joke from Day 1. I wonder if Rocky was tested when he showed up last year looking like the Incredible Hulk. Give me a break.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the "Redemption Program" can turn around someone's life and allow them back into their dream profession, then I am all for that. Sometimes, it is a good thing to allow a person a chance at turning things around. 18 months is also a solid time to see if a person is serious or not about being sober. If you are monitored with testing, which is what outpatient services use, and you can maintain sobriety, then why not let someone get a chance to redeem themselves.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment