WWE Network Update
While the first week is free, you will need a credit card to sign up and the subscription will automatically renew until cancelled.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Rey Mysterio Update
Mysterio's deal is set to expire in a couple of months. The WWE has not been aggressively working on a new deal for him either.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
WWE TV Update
In 2013, it was estimated that the WWE took in about $170 million in and slightly over $100 in domestic rights fees. The WWE is currently looking for more than $280 million in television revenue from the U.S. market. Also, despite the fact that RAW is among the highest rated shows on the USA Network, it garners the lowest ad rates per viewer on the station.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
TNA House Show Update
More often that not, TNA has to write a check to the building after the show because the money they took in was not enough to cover the cost for what they owed to run the building. When they ran Temple University in December, they had to write a $15,000 check to help cover expense costs.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
While the first week is free, you will need a credit card to sign up and the subscription will automatically renew until cancelled.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Rey Mysterio Update
Mysterio's deal is set to expire in a couple of months. The WWE has not been aggressively working on a new deal for him either.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
WWE TV Update
In 2013, it was estimated that the WWE took in about $170 million in and slightly over $100 in domestic rights fees. The WWE is currently looking for more than $280 million in television revenue from the U.S. market. Also, despite the fact that RAW is among the highest rated shows on the USA Network, it garners the lowest ad rates per viewer on the station.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
TNA House Show Update
More often that not, TNA has to write a check to the building after the show because the money they took in was not enough to cover the cost for what they owed to run the building. When they ran Temple University in December, they had to write a $15,000 check to help cover expense costs.
Credit Dave Meltzer, Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Dusty: "Ya gotta promote this Emma dahlin, she's got what it takes, Mista Mac Man."
ReplyDeleteVince: "Is that so? What is she?"
Dusty: "Well, she's dis fun-lovin, kinda goofy gal..."
Vince: "Perfect! We'll put her with Santino. It's bound to work."
Dusty: "But she's got more to it..."
Vince: "Trust me. It's gonna get over. Have I ever been wrong? Now where's my cocaine..."
YES! I was convinced that the streak was over at that point. Just an awesome job of timing by Michaels, HHH, and Undertaker.
ReplyDeleteWhen Hbk kicked out of the tombstone I went nuts and was convinced the next kick would end the streak. It was spine tingling
ReplyDeleteI often defend HHH, but that was literally the ONLY TIME I have ever seen than delayed cover spot end up with a pin. I still liked the match, but it was so weird.
ReplyDeleteI am giving you an up vote because your profile pic is awesome.
ReplyDelete"It's tucked into my socks!"
HHH kicking out of the Michinoku Driver.
ReplyDeleteI think it was everything leading up to the Tombstone that got a lot of people (myself included) to believe. Taker just took an absolutely sick beating from Triple H leading up to that non-finish. I know everybody I watched with thought he was done.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I was in a bad mood or what that night but I didn't buy HHH as being a threat to the streak all night. It was a beating but I never once doubted he was coming back. The Cell match did a far better job of convincing me he was in trouble.
ReplyDeleteI think it works better if you keep the "Triple H doesn't think Bryan is good enough" angle going. I'd have Trips screw Bryan out of the title at EC (which has the added benefit of keeping the belt on Orton while protecting Bryan), DBry challenges Trips for Wrestlemania, but HHH keeps insisting he "doesn't wrestle B+ guys." You burn a couple of weeks of build and get Trips cheap heel heat until Bryan finally does something to get his goat and force him into agreeing to the match (or if they're committed to Vince coming back, have him show up randomly, voice his displeasure at how Trips and Steph have been running things, then book Bryan-Trips for Mania because it's best for business).
ReplyDeleteOver The Edge 98. Austin-Dude Love. All the 2 counts after Vince got chaired. Undertaker making the save Austin twice.
ReplyDeleteThat was amazing and I think it was the most convincing thing I've ever seen. You didn't even have time to react in the moment and think about it as anything but a fan. I genuinely thought that was the finish.
ReplyDeleteI know, we don't have the best reputation, but the company truly has been trying to rectify that over the last few years through new pricing and better customer service.
ReplyDeleteIt's also, hands down, the best/nicest place I've ever worked; they treat employees like gold, and have won a ton of "Best Place to Work" awards, not to mention great pay and benefits.
Sorry to get all brown-nosey, just feel strongly about it.
True, but I just feel like the decision to break them up is pretty arbitrary - like some others have said, I feel like there's a lot of juice left in the tank.
ReplyDeleteWhat about letting them try to collect all the gold? Then, when one of them fails, THEN you can have dissension in that one of them let the entire team down. You can also have Ambrose and Reigns arguing over which of them should get the shot at the WWE WHC title.
I dunno, I just feel like there's more that can be done, and the break-up is being done simply because "that's what eventually happens".
I hear ya. I work for a company that has a very poor public image as well but they have done great things for the area I live in and have been great to work for... so I know where you are coming from... seems like nothing they do is ever good enough etc...
ReplyDeleteWhy they didn't immediately start taking pre-orders when they announced it is a mystery to me. They would have gotten my money that night... now they are unlikely to.
ReplyDeleteI don't know about you, but I work in a unique industry where the product is a luxury but is treated as a need. I mean, I'll be the first to admit that I'm spoiled, that I would have a VERY difficult time adjusting to life without TV or internet-access, but I also know that it's not the same as living without food or shelter.
ReplyDeleteWhen a customer asks why they're paying $200 a month "just to watch TV", when they've decided that they want every premium channel and the fastest internet speed available (along with a DVR in every room)... yeah, there are gonna be times that no matter how much I try to work with them on their bill, some customers just think we're simply trying to rip them off.
And again, not to sound like a total kiss-ass, there are definitely times when rates increase (both across the board, and when a specific promotion is up), but we definitely to try to work with people. On a budget? Lost your job? Give us a call, you might be surprised at how much we're willing to help.
I would prefer the Shield to stay as a team for another 6 months at least. It's kind of entertaining that they are finally 3 different people, egging each other, but still a team.
ReplyDeleteYup. Ambrose can be the type to use his evil ways for good if they need him to be a face or tweener.
ReplyDeleteJust wait until reigns has to do a bad stand up comedy routine on raw. It will all his heat faster than you can say sheamus
ReplyDeleteI think Ambrose should remain leader of the Shield as a heel stable. It's a good way to bring up new talent in an already-established group. Ambrose is going to need some muscle once Reigns (and Rollins?) leaves the group and comes gunning for Dean.
ReplyDeleteBull Buchanan and Big Boss Man?
ReplyDeleteI think you have them break up at Chamber with Ambrose leaving the other 2 out to dry, Rollins stays with Reigns. Reigns takes on Ambrose at Mania. Near the end of the match 2 new guys in SWAT gear come out of the crowd and prevent Reigns from winning. However Reigns fights them off and is about to win again, when Rollins turns on him and costs him the match, giving Ambrose the win.
ReplyDeleteThe Shield has Ambrose as the leader, Rollins as a singles wrestler and #2 in the stable and a new young tag team.
I agree Reigns needs a bit more seasoning but with both Rollins and Ambrose to feud with he would have potentially months of built in feuds to hone his character before finally beating Ambrose and moving on from The Shield.
Here's a question?
ReplyDeleteOnce something gets on the network (talking classic stuff here)... will it ever be removed?
Ugh, I'm over Ledger's Joker. And that is a heel character, not a babyface.
ReplyDeleteI disagree. Jake's voice and manner of wrestling was creepy and intense. Ambrose has this nasally timbre that makes him sound like a bitch. Dean is a great heel, but he doesn't have the badass moveset, or crazy athleticism to get over on his wrestling, and his best work is that of a creep, a liar or a generally insane person.
ReplyDeleteIs that SN worth watching?
ReplyDeleteI liked it; if you like goofy Memphis angles it's up your alley.
ReplyDeleteI don't get Emma.
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone know if Elimination Chamber will be available on the network? I don't want to order it and then see it on the network fro free the day after.
ReplyDeleteYeah a double DQ because it gets too wild would be ok with me.
ReplyDelete