Skip to main content

Questions for blog



Hey scott a couple of quick questions

1. I was just watching the Austin Kane first blood title match from KOTR 98 and was baffled by the booking. You put Austin in a match in which he basically is guaranteed to lose based on Kane's mask, but then the next night you put the title right back on him? Was this to test the waters with Kane as champ and they changed their mind quickly or was it some sort of weird punishment for Austin? The booking was just plain odd.

2. It appears as though Roman Reigns is the next big star of the company, however I believe Dean Ambrose has just as much ability and just seems so much more seasoned. Do they have big plans for him? I truly believe he would make an amazing heel WWE champion but for some reason I get the feeling the WWE isn't as high on him.

3. I just heard the WWE is going to edit out chair shots from all old pay per views on the network? What the hell is that about?

1.  They tried to pop a big rating, and they sure as hell accomplished it. 

2.  You have to understand that they consider Roman to be the next The Rock, so anyone next to him is going to suffer a bit.  They like Dean just fine.  

3.  Keller speculating based on what they do on the YouTubes, nothing more.  Yet.  

Comments

  1. 1. I loved the KOTR '98 finish and the next night of "Raw" was one of the more memorable as far as main events go.
    2. They consider Reigns to be the next Rock? Really? He seems more Batista than Rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still feel the best way to utilize Rey would be to have built a fued with someone (Sin Cara? Idk) over the last month or so, leading to Rey's retirement match at WM30. Have him lose, get a nice emotional moment, then put him into the 2015 Hall of Fame. Is it that hard?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "3. I just heard the WWE is going to edit out chair shots from all old pay per views on the network? What the hell is that about?"


    Well, I guess you can blame me for that question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the WWE Network is using the same credit card scamming methods that porn sites & credit card reports sites use? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meltzer was loosely speculating that he could go to AAA, who are launching a U.S. project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or that every business and website uses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone does that to be honest. Netflix does it too

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be fine, that way I never have to see him again

    ReplyDelete
  9. I mentioned awhile back they should have just slotted a Rey retirement match at XXX against Jericho or RVD. Either guy could give him a memorable ***-**** match to go out on plus it gives them something to do pending they are even around.

    It's kinda useless to job Rey out to Sin Cara since the company has no long term plans or push in place for him. It might as well be another legend who can at least guarantee a solid match.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replace Sin Cara with Kalisto and its a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good idea. Jericho could use a solid win during one of these returns, and it would be a fitting end for Rey as he and Jericho go back a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not a fan of the AAA promotion?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't say that I have ever watched it, not a big Lucha fan, and don't really watch anything other than WWE/TNA... I was mostly trying to show how much I don't want to see Rey anymore though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I knew your dislike for Rey. I was just messing around

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotcha... I did not pick up on that... apparently I need to go outside and get some exposure to your planet's yellow sun to regain my powers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, did the WWE Network rape your mother and steal your puppy?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Or the fact that no one was capable of actually comprehending the 100 posts or so disputing that in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  18. No blame Obama; always Obama. THANKS OBAMA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank god that MVP is now around to save TNA and bring them to the promise land.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The lowest ad rates per viewer is for the longest running weekly episodic television program ever?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tan up for BoD Mania

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't worry come BoD 'Mania each of you will feel the power of Parallax1978 and be... SAVED

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL. I normally enjoy your posts but I don't get your utter disdain for The Network. If you want to be skeptical, that's cool, but it really seems like you're rooting for The Network to fail which makes absolutely no sense. Why would you want something with so much potential and could very well be incredibly enjoyable... to fail?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes, they are using the same free trial method THAT EVERY OTHER COMPANY uses. I realize that the Network may fail, but at least stop grasping at straws when you're trying to come up with arguments about why it's the worst thing in the history of mankind.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So many companies won't advertise during it due to the attitude days and the PTC causing companies to boycott it. So the rates had to go low tod raw in more advertisers. The WWE's switch to PG hasn't really brought any of thsoe advertisers back.

    ReplyDelete
  26. ALERT DEFCON 5, WWE NETWORK IS GOING DOWN. THEY ARE MAKING THE PEOPLE SIGN UP WITH CREDIT CARDS FOR A FREE WEEK PREVIEW

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Kane/Austin thing was huge in 98. Everyone tuned into that raw to see what was going to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm a huge Ambrose fanboi and big believer that Reigns isn't quite ready yet for this insane push he's getting (as fantastically well done as it's been, admittedly), but I'm not crying for Dean just yet. They clearly like him as well due to him being the other member chosen to antagonize Reigns, not to mention getting a singles title (for whatever it's worth), and a lot of active mic and ring time.

    ReplyDelete
  29. It will be a long process but they are trying really hard with all of the positive PR work lately.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Surprisded Kalisto hasnt been featured on NXT TV yet.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The next logical step: John Cena vs. Cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Its pro wrestling. Bad stigma attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Pretty soon, they will only have to write $14,850 checks to cover the business expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  34. The difference between the wwe and the NFL/ NBA is that advertisers are tripping over each other to buy time during those games, while no one is that excited about marketing to small children and pro wrestling fans.

    ReplyDelete
  35. They are way overestimating their values. Like Meltzer said, it makes no sense for NBC/Universal to offer more than $170 million to the WWE. Why should they give them $280 million. I know you overestimate at first then negotiate from their but $280 is never happening.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey parallax, TWC may have finally pushed me over the edge... I'll be looking into cutting the cable cord this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I think he just wants to do the "I told you so" to everyone if it does fail.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Yeah, I might cut the cord too.


    Looking to save $. The only thing is live sports. I need live sports.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Speaking of the NBA, why did the Warriors go after Blake? He is pretty useless. Has Jordan Crawford been that bad for them or something?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Got a letter from TWC last night, telling me they were "offering me a new promotional rate!" that's $15 more than I'm paying now. If they don't back down and keep my (already inflated) current pricing, I'm just cancelling, and maybe looking for a new internet provider, too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. 1. Welcome to auto-renewal WWE. Please take a seat next to Hulu+ and Netflix.
    2. Its time to go Rey. Get healthy, enjoy retirement and see you in the HOF.
    3. Its dumb that WWE thinks they'll get the top rates. Its stupid for companies to miss potential customers by ignoring the WWE when they advertise on other shows that have more violence and sexual content.
    4. TNA owes me money for having never watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Antenna gets you most of the live sports you need... alternate TV channels (if you get my meaning) get you the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Good... like they have to realize they can't just continue to use and abuse people the way they do and the more people that cut the cord and take a stand the more likely it is that things will change... the battle is going to get more difficult though with the TWC/Comcast merger.

    ReplyDelete
  44. That's a major upgrade to the bench. They really needed a better bench guard and Blake can handle the ball, shoot, and defend better than any guard they have on the bench. Plus we got him for dog shit marshon brooks and he's just a rental since his deal is up. I've watched Blake play lots of games for the Lakers. Nice pick up for nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  45. A co-worker of mine has a nice antenna that gets him ESPN too. I might look into that and say fuck you to Comcast, because more or less say fuck you to me each month

    ReplyDelete
  46. The wwe is just doing what any online content provider does.

    ReplyDelete
  47. As someone who cut cable, I'll back Parallax. With an antenna and some searching, any sport you want to watch you can find. Also if you know someone that has cable, but doesn't watch sports, get their provider password and enjoy Watch ESPN.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Brooks is awful. Dude just jacks up shots and cant do anything else. Blake seemed to slow to defend when I last saw him but then again, its not hard to defend better than Crawford to begin with. He probably has a higher basketball IQ anyway

    ReplyDelete
  49. Exactly. And they are going to get worse now that they are really the only national game in town with the TWC merger (other than DirecTV/Dish)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Good perimeter D, solid bench guy, tougher than anyone in GS backcourt.

    ReplyDelete
  51. WWE Network being Over the Top and all, will Sammy Hagar be playing at launch?

    ReplyDelete
  52. Exactly... like I have never run into a situation where I couldn't watch something I wanted to... it isn't always perfect but there is always a way, and it sure beats the alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Yes, but I did not want anyone to speculate that fact and had to include this juicy tidbit in today's update.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Maybe I saw him play hurt the last few times I saw him. He seemed like a bust for LA at first.

    ReplyDelete
  55. As stated already, netflix, Hulu, MLB.com and just about every other subscription service does this. But yeah...big time scam.

    ReplyDelete
  56. "Winner takes it all..."

    ReplyDelete
  57. Really? You can get ESPN with an antenna? Shit, I'm done paying that much for cable.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Depends on what is broadcast over the air in your area. Some larger cities have more stations over-the-air than others.

    ReplyDelete
  59. And I'll back you both. Been without cable for over a year and have missed nothing. Better for me is that my favorite teams are not in the city I live in, so I don't even face the stupid blackout rules for MLB tv. Just got a Roku, so I don't have to fiddle with hooking up the HDMI to my laptop every time I want to see something on the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  60. This is honestly the first I have heard that... not saying it isn't possible... airwaves are airwaves... but I didn't know it was a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  61. The benefit of living in NYC, hopefully...

    ReplyDelete
  62. Yeah, is it ideal to watch sports on the computer all the time? Not really, but if its something I want to watch I can find it. Only thing I've struggled to find is NCAA Mens hockey. I've found some sites that stream games, but not all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  63. TNA is like Kevin Bacon at the end of Animal House. "ALL IS WELL!!"

    ReplyDelete
  64. Because he's a fucking idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Awww, I will always have a soft spot for MarShon. He was so much fun to watch in New Jersey. Always missed big FTs though

    ReplyDelete
  66. I have an HD antenna that I got off amazon for like 30 bucks, and I get a ton of over-the-air networks. I think it works better if you are in or close to a major city because a friend of mine in the boonies tried it, and it didn't work quite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  67. NCAA Men's Hockey? Would you even be able to get that on cable? Seriously had no idea it existed.

    ReplyDelete
  68. Defcon 5 is good. Defcon 1 is the bad one

    ReplyDelete
  69. That and the bagels. I miss the bagels in NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I'm doing a Black History Month cover for one of my papers, and we're including notable African Americans from Queens on the cover. I really want to include Bad News Brown...

    ReplyDelete
  71. Yeah. I live in ND and UND hockey is a big deal. Plus being close to Minnesota we'd get MN Gophers on Fox Sports. NBCSN carries some games as well. Problem is, its a "smaller" NCAA sport, so no major networks. Roku does have a nice hockey app that carries a bunch of minor league hockey and some low level college conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I was supposed to be getting one for free to write a review for my site but so far nothing has come of it. I honestly could care less about watching most stuff live, but I think my girlfriend would appreciate it so I think I am going to invest in one soon if my freebie doesn't come.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I would leave out the fact that he once used 20lbs. of Harlem sewer rats as a weapon.

    ReplyDelete
  74. I've never heard a vagina called a bagel before.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I had to work up a whole new set of code word thanks to Stranger! That prick!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Right before I moved back, when I was living in Chicago, I had a coworker try to argue that the bagels in Chicago were just as good as NYC. I'm not sure what kind of drugs he was on.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I always thought that "NYC has the best bagels" was just typical New York elitist nonsense... until I tried one.

    ReplyDelete
  78. I think he's halfway between the two, at least. He's way more of a fluid, natural worker, seeing as how he's a real athlete, and not just a bloated bag of water muscles.

    ReplyDelete
  79. This isn't Huffington Post! No, here we blame who isn't pushing Bryan.
    WWE's YouTube is still PG overall...hence why they still do the de-coloring of scenes with blood and etc. On other media, like DVDs, more is intact (only deletions I can think of that stuck are Benoit and strangulation attacks recently). I would assume the same will be said for the Network, and they are hinting at including even more.

    ReplyDelete
  80. Reigns is big and Ambrose isn't. Real answer.

    ReplyDelete
  81. If they think Roman is the next Rock, why didn't they let him win the Rumble?

    ReplyDelete
  82. I don't know. Reigns is not as big as they think and how they book him. He looks really small compared to Sheamus, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I just hope they keep him a bad ass destroyer and not into smilin' sheamus.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Bootista and the world's dumbest example of caving to contract demands? allegedly...

    ReplyDelete
  85. Obamacare did fuck up my work insurance. Huge increase to offset the arrival of obamacare

    ReplyDelete
  86. ambrose isn't a small guy

    ReplyDelete
  87. blame canada

    ReplyDelete
  88. NO WAY! They have bacon that looks like ham!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Because they know the WWE Network will fail, so what's the point? they're going out of business within the next 3 weeks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  90. ...spencer?

    ReplyDelete
  91. Blame YOURSELVES.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Reigns has that 'coolest guy in the room' aura about him that Batista had in late 2004/early 2005. If they get his push right, I think he can be in the title match at next years Mania without it seeming like too much, too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  93. "With their beady little eyes"
    "And flapping heads so full of lies"
    "Blame Canada!"

    ReplyDelete
  94. It doesn't matter, they'd still all go "Waaah it's not Bryan!" to Reigns too.

    ReplyDelete
  95. He's good looking and related to the Rock. Only answer they need.

    ReplyDelete
  96. I won't deny disappointment over Bryan, but I would accept Reigns 100 times out of 100 over Batista or Sheamus.

    ReplyDelete
  97. If it was a case of Reigns over Bryan, that waaaah is justified b/c Bryan is better than Reigns overall. Simply that.

    ReplyDelete
  98. Ambrose has great presence and is fascinating to watch, but I'm starting to think Reigns might be more enjoyable to watch inside the ring. Sounds crazy but he's improved massively in recent weeks and as ridiculous a move as it is, I'm loving the superman punch that preceeds the spear. Reigns is the guy no doubt but Ambrose is going to a top heel too.

    ReplyDelete
  99. I'm speaking more on their personas rather than in-ring ability.

    ReplyDelete
  100. I think they should absolutely keep the The Shield a heel stable under Ambrose, even after Reigns (and even Rollins) is gone. Ambrose as ratfuck heel with a group to back him up just seems right, especially once Reigns is solo

    ReplyDelete
  101. Rock was one of the last two guys in the '98 Rumble and didn't win that one either, it's safe to say that did not hurt his push at all.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Given that their TV rights are up, they should have put a clause in the deal that stated that they would not cave in to Disney's demands on Batista's contract until Disney put RAW on ABC and Smackdown on ESPN, pretty sure that Disney would have backed down and not been so demanding then.

    ReplyDelete
  103. But where's the token black guy that does all the work and all of the ass kicking while Spencer stands around and takes credit for it?

    ReplyDelete
  104. The feuds between Undertaker and Mankind and Kane and Austin, which ultimately led to Undertaker vs Austin at Summerslam simply crushed whatever garbage WCW was shoveling out at the time. WWF really stepped up their game in that time period.

    ReplyDelete
  105. Pretty sure Batista would not have been back then.


    Not that that specific result would have been a bad thing... or a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  106. and ten years from now we all boo him when he comes back to win the Rumble.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Because there's a such thing as "too much too soon". His time to win the Rumble will come, maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  108. "2. They consider Reigns to be the next Rock? Really? He seems more Batista than Rock."

    Dave Meltzer has said that WWE sees Reigns as the eventual successor to John Cena as the "face" of the company.

    ReplyDelete
  109. I like the stuff with the Wyatts where the other two hang back and Reigns steps up. It'd be the perfect setup for Reigns-Taker: lights go out, Rollins/Reigns scurry away worried that Taker is out for revenge, lights come back on when Takers at the steps and Reigns stands alone in the ring ready to go. Wouldn't be surprised if somebody already thought of this and posted it in another thread

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment