When a caller asked about Punk's status with the company, Vince replied with the following:
"As far as CM Punk is concerned, one of our performers is taking a sabbatical, let's just put it that way."
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/3-news/35532-wwe-first-quarter-and-annual-business-conference-call-report-including-quote-from-vince-mcmahon-on-cm-punk
"As far as CM Punk is concerned, one of our performers is taking a sabbatical, let's just put it that way."
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/3-news/35532-wwe-first-quarter-and-annual-business-conference-call-report-including-quote-from-vince-mcmahon-on-cm-punk
Well, that makes it sound like Vince at least thinks he's coming back, albeit probably not soon.
ReplyDeleteIf it were an Uso or Zack Ryder, he probably wouldn't care, but Punk is money, if not a PPV draw, he pushes a shit-ton of merchandise and has a large following that can effect the company financially. Possibly. Saying "he's on leave" is way safer than saying "yep, he's gone."
ReplyDeleteI dont care what anybody reads or hears. It's all gossip as far as we know. Punk has a HUGE following, is arguably the E's #2 guy and he will be missed during this year's Mania push and you have to believe Vince wants him back asap. Especially with guys like Batista, Orton & Sheamus all getting pushed and shit on by fans.
ReplyDeleteJust say it Vince: "CM......you complete me"
Another poster mentioned this, but I really think they believe all their made up Did You Know? facts.
ReplyDeleteThey add up Raw, Smackdown and Total Divas to claim more people watch wrestling than the Walking Dead. Huh?
And they cite some in-house survey that shows 60 million people like the WWE. Huh?
I am a PR guy so I deal with bullshit every day of my life but that is so far beyond, that it's reach brain-washing status.
Yeah, the door is wide open for Punk at any point. I doubt he'll be back by July though. He'll get a new deal, maybe show up in time for next year's WrestleMania push, like Batista this year.
ReplyDeleteHell, maybe he'll even get the Batista deal where he's promised the Rumble win and everything will collapse from the irony.
Yes, it is. I'm saying that it's impossible to glean an inference on what Vince thinks based on his statement.
ReplyDeleteYes and No. We don't know everything he's thinking, but we can be fairly certain he's thinking about beautiful muscles at almost any given time.
ReplyDeleteComplete speculation on my part, but perhaps Vince has seen burn-out one too many times destroy wrestlers. Vince respects Punk, and probably understands how burnt out he is. Punk has Vince's blessing to take his "sabbatical" and that's why we haven't seen the usual WWE burial on TV.
ReplyDeleteNewsletter.
ReplyDeleteNot really sure what else he could, or should, have said.
ReplyDeleteI understand, you are being difficult for the sake of being difficult. I'll leave you to it.
ReplyDeleteI agree. He was bound to have this question asked to him and quite frankly, he handled it well. That was probably the best response you could have given, especially considering the circumstances
ReplyDeleteFair enough Vince. Fair enough.
ReplyDeleteBig thick body builder thighs
ReplyDeleteWas he wearing shorts at the time though?
ReplyDeleteWas who wearing shorts?
ReplyDeleteIDK, that joke didn't connect like I wanted it to.
ReplyDeleteI got into an argument on here about whether or not girls watch wrestling. The guy I was arguing with me linked me to a thing on wwe.com saying they has 10 million female viewers!
ReplyDeleteDid you know...
ReplyDeleteMore people read the BoD than watch American idol?
Did you know...........
ReplyDeleteMore Americans viewed the BoD Rumble than CSI Miami & CSI NY combined!
One time they bragged about beating their WrestleMania 29 replay on NBC beating CBS, ABC, and Fox's Saturday night summer programming. They'll spin ANYTHING.
ReplyDeleteI actually am amazed Vince was so diplomatic about it. Good for him.
ReplyDeleteThis is a bullshit report; when has WWE ever paid attention to anything more than three weeks old?
ReplyDeleteFor whatever reason, picturing Vince McMahon is shorts is disturbing to me
ReplyDeleteThe anvil?
ReplyDeleteShorts people got nobody
ReplyDeleteShorts people got nobody
Shorts people got nobody
To love
I got it.
ReplyDeleteI just dont have enough insight to tell about what people are going to do based on them wearing shorts. I am not that good.
who?
ReplyDeleteHe could have not addressed it all. This shows me that they're still holding out hope that he'll eventually come back.
ReplyDelete"They add up Raw, Smackdown and Total Divas to claim more people watch wrestling than the Walking Dead. Huh?"
ReplyDeleteI'm not saying I agree with this mentality, but in fairness, isn't the same argument people were making a few months back about how WWE shouldn't say that more people watch Raw than the NBA?
Wearing shorts in the dead of winter (in a cold climate) is psychotic behavior.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'll leave you to your task of reading tea leaves.
ReplyDeleteHomie - What about a fat girl - was comment of the day and no one saw it.
ReplyDeleteA caller asked him the question. It would look really, really bad if he avoided it completely
ReplyDeleteLol thank you. It made me laugh too
ReplyDeleteThat was pretty funny. I caught that one
ReplyDeleteYou should have added one with low self-esteem and a decent paying job too. Just to be more specific
ReplyDeleteSome people do not give a fuck. My cousin is a mover and dresses like he is Kevin Steen 365 days a year.
ReplyDeleteHe refuses to get a hooker, he refuses to take advice on meeting a nice girl...so why not send our favorite loser out Hoggin'?
ReplyDeleteDid you know that JTG is more popular than 50 Cent, Jay-Z, and Lil Wayne combined!
ReplyDeleteThey can come down to ringside and start moving the announcer table and shit. Eventually they can have a match with JBL - Soap on a Pole.
ReplyDeleteIf you make no effort and wallow in self-pity, you will never get laid. You will be spending a lot of time in the "no fucking zone" as a result
ReplyDeleteThey can take away the steps before Torito gets a chance to climb them, thus starting a feud with Los Matadores. See, I can book wrestling too.
ReplyDeleteNot everyone gets to fuck the prom queen.
ReplyDeleteDon't give them any ideas.
ReplyDeleteEveryone can fuck someone though and that is the whole point. You gotta try.
ReplyDeleteyes exactly
ReplyDeleteHey, that feud can take up like two straight months of programming on Superstars.
ReplyDeleteMy school didn't even have one...
ReplyDeleteAll types of people date. Doesn't seem that hard (if you're not picky)
ReplyDeleteThat's a good way to put it from Vince. I don't think either Punk or Vince want to burn any bridges here.
ReplyDeleteA nice fat girl with a decent job that can cook. This can be his new gimmick like Mike Awesome in WCW. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
ReplyDeleteThey do have 16,000,000 likes of Facebook. That's far shy of 60 million people though. Oh wait, I'll bet they've added up every "superstar" (Rock included) and assumed all of them are WWE 4 life...=)
ReplyDeleteJust because they have 16 million likes doesn't mean that 60 million people can't like them. A does not equal B there.
ReplyDeleteOh totally. I'm just curious as to how they came up with the statistic and was looking at some other data.
ReplyDeleteI think that Austin is right and this will be a shoot turned into an angle. Punk has been Twitter silent since the Rumble. He could've burned a dozen bridges by now.
ReplyDeleteNow that's funny right there.
ReplyDeleteBecause he's CM Punk, and fuck you. That's why.
ReplyDelete(assuming you're referencing the pics of Punk picking up AJ at the airport)
That actually made perfect sense to me. He was sitting around his house, wearing shorts. He had to go out only to pick up AJ. He's from Chicago, so he's used to cold weather. He wasn't planning on being out in it for any length of time, so he opted just to go as we was. It was probably reasonably warm for a winter day in Chicago.
Chris Benoit took a sabbatical…
ReplyDeleteDUNN DUNN DUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!
CM Punk has been seen alive and well(?) recently.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm referencing mid-2006 when he was written off television after being attacked by Mark Henry, then randomly comes back to face William Regal at No Mercy of that year.
ReplyDeleteThey constantly mentioned for a couple of weeks that Benoit was back from a "sabbatical".
And to think they ahd that gimmick for the Dude Busters for a little while a couple years ago (They moved Smackdown from UPN to Scify)
ReplyDeleteVince isn't a bad businessman. He knows his shit.
ReplyDeleteIf only Mass Transit wasn't dead!
ReplyDeleteNicely played Vince....
ReplyDeleteAJ Lee has also been Twitter silent since the Rumble...
ReplyDeleteYeah, that's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Chris Benoit too.
ReplyDeleteYou can't win if you don't play the game.
ReplyDeleteI thought Obama was working on a nationwide light rail system?
ReplyDeleteYou're both crazy, I think of the murders.
ReplyDeleteYou mean when he took a couple months to clean up and came back a lot less shredded?
ReplyDeleteI remember doing that, and that she was still very into being the prom queen. She mentioned it at least twice during.
ReplyDeleteI think you missed some sarcasm there from Zana.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I missed it.
ReplyDeleteHard to talk with a full mouth.
ReplyDeleteThat's a sex joke.
Thanks for the analysis.
ReplyDeleteOh, like a mouth full of dick and jizz?
ReplyDeleteSee, I thought her mouth was full of ravioli.
Chicago Deep Dish
ReplyDeleteexactly. I live in Maine which is very cold very often and I wear shorts and sandals as much as I can even if its snowing or whatever because A) Im used to the cold B) I create a hell of a lot of my own heat since Im a big dude and C) Im usually outside for 10 seconds at a time. This isnt the 1800's Im not walking across town for some leaches to cure my case of the crazies.
ReplyDelete:: STANDING OVATION ::
ReplyDeleteCool. Mainers represent!
ReplyDeleteOr as I call it, Lasagna Soup.
ReplyDelete